Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Doctor, my head hurts

Boy, what a busy few weeks it's been since child number two was born. I have developed something of a working relationship between my company and the company of the Chainik Hocker, as I did some work on the same job wherein he tried to repudiate Marx's theory of labor and capital.

Thankfully, my wife and I won't be hurting for money, it seems, for a while.

Yesterday, I stayed home in a vain attempt to get work done and take care of the kids at the same time while my wife got some much needed rest. It was a valiant goal, but one doomed to failure, and I got no work done yesterday whatsoever. I was so stressed from my younger daughter's screaming that I had a splitting headache, and when I rubbed my forehead with my hand, I could feel the vein pulsing. Not a good sign.

I had a doctor's appointment today for a routine checkup. The lady who took my blood for testing handed me a pen, and said in a thick Russian accent, "here, a gift." I took it, thanking her, and then looked at the pen. Pharmaceutical reps give doctor's offices all manner of office supplies and related goods, and this pen was one of them. Under normal circumstances, I would have taken the pen. However, this pen had the word "Viagara" written along the side, and I didn't want to be a situation wherever I went with the pen that I would need my wife to vouch for me that I had no need for that product.

I have two children in less than three years of marriage. How did I do that? If someone came to me on the day I got married and told me that I'd have two kids before my third anniversary, I would have had a heart attack.

Somehow, we get by. And we love our kids.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

May you get more rest and peace, HaSh-m willing. Hang in there, kiddo. You can do it!

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Sabrina said...

hehe, funny post. I am a college student and everytime I stay home to get things "done", mostly school stuff, they never get done. So, I can see your situation! lol..

But, I thought it was really nice to let your wife have some rest. props to ya!

-Sabrina-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home