Saturday, January 08, 2005

Insults Wrapped in Compliments

In case you might want to email me from the address listed on my profile, you should know that I rarely check the email address I created to put on my profile. Tonight I checked my blog email for the first time in at least a month and a half. In it, I found the following message from some bloke named Nathan:

Your postings are that of a true patriot. Atheism is an idea that flows very easily through libertarians if they want to be consistent. Objectivity leads
itself to atheism or at the very least agnosticism. Commen sense and every day realities lead us towards that conclusion. Faith can only be proven by science, hence making faith a fact which by definition contradicts itself. complacency and denial have let reps and dems steal the liberty of the american people. Look bush won because of religion and the blind followers. All the facts in the world don't mean anything to someone who's priority is set on religion. cognitive dissonance. individualism,freedom from all bureaucracy including religion peace out.


Umm... Thanks, bud. Keep smoking whatever you're using, as it's clearly working. :)

Atheism might flow through libertarians but it's hardly consistent to be an atheist, in any way. Claiming to be an atheist claims a knowledge of every aspect of the universe, by claiming that there is absolutely no diety whatsoever.

Agnostics lack consistency. for example, you'll have a Jew who says, "I'm not sure if there's a Higher power, so it's okay if I have this cheeseburger on Yom Kippur." Since you're not sure if the water is poisoned, it's okay to drink it. This is completely the opposite of reasonably behavior.

The Kuzari principle holds. It's the argument that won me over to Judaism years ago, and I've found it expounded upon on many outreach and countermissionary websites.

Now, if the people of this (formerly) great country would simply apply the Kuzari principle to politics, we'd be in better shape.

Unfortunately, people don't like the burden of thinking. That's why the Republicans and Democrats hold power.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

BRAVO! Well said!

-another libertarian (almost-) Jew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home