Tuesday, December 14, 2004

They were wrong, I was right.

Starting January 1, 2004, I began working for a local grocery store in Brooklyn, working with their POS system and trying to maintain their inventory with it. POS stands for Point of Sale, but in this case, POS meant something far more colorful. I begged and pleaded with my boss to cut the computer loose because his system was garbage and that I could find a more suitable system that would actually work.

To make a long story short, my words went unheeded, and I got fired after working for him for two and a half months, unable to be productive with the lackluster tools I was given to do my work.

Seriously, this computer guy was full of it. He actually thought the old DOS text editor "Edit" was a great, revolutionary piece of software. Insert a statement about the greatness of Vi here.

Last night, I got a call from my former employer, who told me he finally let go the computer guy because I was right that the fellow didn't know what he was talking about. Now, he wants me to come back to the store and work for him again.

So, tomorrow morning, I'm going back to the store to hear what the guy has to say. If I can do the work, and the pay is right (my fee schedule has changed a tad in the last year :) I might actually go back to work for him.

What a world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home