Monday, October 25, 2004

Yeah, this I really needed

So, I showed up at work today to find that our office had experienced an unfortunate encounter with water -- the office had flooded overight, reportedly due to a clogged toilet.

So, none of us were able to do any work, because our computers all had to be unplugged.

Then, the spirit of fear and dismay filled the office, as rumors of a mass layoff haunted the building. Then, women in the office started crying as they packed their belongings. Just about everyone in the entire office was fired.

Around noon, I spoke with my boss, who informed me that their financial situation had taken a sudden turn downwards and that I was let go because they could no longer afford anything more than a skeleton crew.

So, tomorrow, I am back to pounding the pavement, and looking for a loan to pay my rent next week, because my boss doesn't know if he'll have the liquidity to deliver everyone's pay on time.

Sigh

3 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Ipcha Mistabra said...

I am so sorry man good luck with everything, hope it all works out for you. Please let me know if there is somthing my wife or I can do.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

Dude, I'm so sorry. This sucks.

I apoligize for not being more helpful. You have my phone number.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger whizler said...

Argh!

Best of luck in finding a new job. I made quite a few bucks on the side doing computer work. Maybe this is something you can do as well since obviously you're quite handy with computers. A recent AOL survey found that 20% of computers were infected with a virus of some kind, and a full 80% had spyware or adware.

There are some seriously sick PCs out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home