Saturday, September 04, 2004

I nearly split my gut laughing

This Shabbos, I had the pleasure of seeing the Chainik Hocker both for last night's meal, as well as lunch today. CH and I are buds, but we don't get to see each other so often. Today, a couple with whom my wife and are friends came over, and I found that the wife was talking about the politics, and asked me what the Democrats stand for. I replied by asking if she had been paying attention to this past week's Republican convention. She said she had. I told her that if she just listened to what the Republicans were saying, then she would know exactly what the Democrats stand for. She instantly lit up and said, "Yes! It's so confusing! They both sound the same!"

I gave CH and look, and, briefly, I think we both knew what the other was thinking.

CH is a neocon. He vehemently disagrees with the notion that there's no difference between a neocon and a liberal. Here we had a person not involved in our conversations, a lay-person, if you will, who was agreeing with me instead of him.

The irony was thick enough to cut with a knife. I busted out laughing.

In other news, CH and I had a wonderful political discussion where I defeated him with my feats of strength.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

I feel moraly obligated to point out the fact that the same woman later said "Wait, which ones are the guys that like poor peple and equality, because that's the one to vote for".

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

Also, I'm not sure if irony can be escribed as "thick", and certainly not "thick enough to cut with a knife".

I will not stoop to your level, sir, so your claim of having defeated me with your alleged "feats of strength" shall go by unrefuted. That is because I am a gentelman. You doodyhead.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Ipcha Mistabra said...

I see ch made no valid point whatsoever in your debate. in fact it was not a debate it was a massacre.


Somehow I highly doubt this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home