Sunday, August 01, 2004

Some dare call them gullible

I just came from reading the Chainik Hocker's blog. Sure, I joke that he's Public Enemy #1, but I think he fell for a doozy here.

This a primary reason I get so frustrated with the Republicans. They give their voter base these pipe dreams and they never follow through on them.

So, now, the illustrious, honorable speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert, is going to push for the end of the IRS and the end of the personal income tax.

Pardon me for being cynical, but in your dreams, citizens who vote Republican. Not until every Republican starts voting like Ron Paul. Until then, dream on. You have placed your faith in a party that cares only for your votes, not your needs. They are no different than the Democrats. Each election is an advance auction on other people's money, and you vote to continue that dastardly scheme every time you vote Republican.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

Well, yes, it's an oily cynical ploy to get votes, obviously. Even if Dubya gets elected, and believe me this will help, the chances of this thing going through are almost as good as me getting elected Pope.

HOWEVER it is also the first time I can think of a major political player has ever mentioned anything about TOTALLY ABOLISHING INCOME TAX. I will repeat myself, typing as slowly as possible. TOTALLY ABOLISHING INCOME TAX. At least we will get this out in the open and into the public debate. Maybe it will lead to dramatic tax slashes, mmm? Hmmm... keep more of my income... sounds good to me.

When a dog urinates on a fire hydrant, he isn't commiting an act of vandalism. he's just being a dog. When a politician is a slimy lying bastard, he or she is just following their job description.

Bottom line, I'm not naively selling my vote to the highest bidder, trusting the bidder to pay off. I'm cynically selling my vote to the highest bidder, trusting the other side will be forced to match it.

That sounded a lot better in my head, I swear...

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

And furthermore...

You said "each election is an advance auction on other people's money, and you vote to continue that dastardly scheme every time you vote Republican." But in this case, what's up for auction is a dastardly scheme to take away less of other people's money.

And on a personal note, I think you need more fiber in your diet. You've been quite cranky lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home