Sunday, August 08, 2004

Ociffer, I'm only slllliightly annibricated

This was probably the nicest Shabbos that I've had in a really long time. The Spousal Unit and I packed our bags and went to friends of ours who live on the other side of the alphabet in Flatbush, and behold! -- it was good.

I've been suffering from a major urge to drink margaritas, and what do you know? Our hosts just happened to have the fixin's for margaritas!

So, while all you plebians were having cholent and some sugar filled carbonated beverage, I was having cholent with margaritas, baby!

I had three with Shabbos lunch, and our host makes a most righteous cholent, and the hostess is quite a cook in their own right, and they're just fabulous people to be around.

I hadn't had a margarita since my Sheva Brachos, which our Shabbos host happened to had made for us then also. I'm not a big drinker anymore (hell, who am I kidding? I never was a big drinker) and I can confidently say that the Cabo Wabo tequila had me pleasantly drunk.

Davening was nice. I hadn't enjoyed davening much lately, but today was pretty nice.

Shabbos margaritas. Life is good. Now if we could just get a soy cheese that tastes like real cheese, and we can have chicken quesadillas with margaritas and not go to hell as a result.

Alas, that Chainik Hocker guy thinks I'm going to hell anyway. Maybe I should spread vicious lies about him like Frank J used to do. More on this later.

5 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Ipcha Mistabra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

A) Frank J. has heard of me?
B) Margaritas with cholent? You haven't lived until you've washed down 3 bowls of cholent with about fifteen vodka-and-beer boilermakers.
C) I hope you do go to hell- I don't want to be lonely.
D) When did Frank J. spread vicious lies about me?

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Yid said...

No, he didn't spread vicious lies about you. He used to have a "Vicious Lies" series that he did. Click here for the archives.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

Damn, I thought somehow he had heard of me and would post a long ranting hate-filled diatribe about me filled with links to my page, thereby in creasing traffic.

Oh well, back to pestering bigger and better bloggers for links.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger ziva said...

Try Mojitas and put some cinnamon in the salsa. You won't miss the cheese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home