Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Defining myself on the political spectrum

I think the clincher that made me decide that I could never vote for a Democrat ever again was when Dick Gephardt, the distiguished member of the House of Representatives called the people who wanted to end the estate tax "greedy."

Imagine that. We're greedy.

A man's parent dies, and among all the grief-stricken activities to which he must subject himself, writing a check to the government for half his parent's net worth is among them. Gee, you think he might dislike that a bit?

What a greedy man that is!

No Democrat rebuked Dickie-boy on that one.

Don't think I'm kind to Republicans, though. I'd like to know how George Bush divined that the government shouldn't take more than 1/3 of a person's income. George, the American revolution was fought over less than 1% taxation! Are you sure about 33%? Why not 30%? Why not 60? Tell us how you came to this brilliant conclusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home