Saturday, August 28, 2004

Chainik Hocker's Valiant Attempts to Prevent RNC-induced Media Suck-fest Unsuccessful: Report

My buddy, the Chainik Hocker, has been unable to find his way inside the wretched hive of scum and evil, aka the Republican National Convention. I found the whole debacle to be a comedy of errors, based on what he blogged of the matter, and I'm a little disappointed because he has a way of telling a story that can make you split in the gut from laughter.

In other, related news, last night after my wife and finished eating our seudah, I went to my rabbi's house to say hello. He had just come back from the mountains (and interesting topic in itself), and I hadn't greeted him yet. They spent a great deal of time in Israel, and are quite fortunate to be unfamiliar with the political processes of this country. He and his wife asked me what the whole convention was about, and what purpose it served. I explained it as I described in the first paragraph, paraphrasing Obi-Wan Kenobi from the first Star Wars movie, that it is a wretched hive of scum and evil. The rabbi didn't know the reference, but he certainly thought what I said was humorous.

Indeed, a wretched hive of scum and evil. :)

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

The line is "a wretched hive of scum and villiany".

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home