Thursday, July 29, 2004

What's on my mind....

Several things don't quite add up regarding the war on terrorism...
  1. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but could someone explain this to me?
  2. I have a crystal-clear recollection of hearing a report on the radio on the morning of 9/11/2001 of a truck bomb crashing into the Pentagon. That report disappeared rather quickly. What happened?
  3. How do we know the identities of the 19 hijackers, or even that there were 19 hijackers? They were incinerated along with all the other passengers, were they not? Isn't it just a tad bigoted to assume that just because the feds were able to identify 19 Arab passengers that they must have been the hijackers? I've heard claims that the government had been tracking these people, but that seems like more of a CYA scheme than anything else.
  4. Why are we to believe that the government that was so incompetent in regulating airline security on September 11th suddenly, magically, became competent on September 12th?
These things pop into my mind constantly whenever I think about the current "war on terrorism."

4 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

All good points. However, if I may make a rebuttal (damn you for forcing me to take the devil's advocate position);

1) All good points when taken individually. However A) I am not employed by the NTSB, nor am I an expert in plane crashes. I don't know how crashes work. I would venture to guess that the plane came in at a hard angle, impacting the Pentagon at a near-vertical angle. But the point is neither you nor I know whether the anything is odd about the facts or not. And B), the dude that wrote it is French. Nuff said.
2) On September 11th, rumors were flying to the effect that the hijackers had planted bottles (or whatever) of anthrax in their luggage so that the rescue workers would get anthraxed. I heard (on the radio) that there were four planes unaccounted for, that 10,000 people were dead at the WTC (NY Daily News the next day) and that a subway train full of people at the Cortland Street Station had drowned when the towers collapsing caused a tidal wave to surge through the subway tunnels. Everybody heard insane rumors that day. Some of them got reported in the media. People, back me up on this. What did you hear on 911?
3) Although I would guess that the hijackers were IDed by their voices on the black boxes, or by checking the identities of passengers on the planes against lists of known terrorists, or other more esoteric methods, you may have a point. (Maybe we beat it out of Moussawi?)
4) You can't argue with this kind of cynicism, nor do I want to. I bow to you, my superior in skepticism.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Yid said...

Well, items one and two are linked. If it was a truck bomb, like I heard on the radio, suddenly those pictures make perfect sense. The question we then need to ask is why the cover up, and where is the plane?

I realize that reports were confused. Some news services claimed that as many as 30000 people were killed in the towers. Who knows? That could very well have been plausible if the towers had been hit an hour later, once all the employees had come in to work. I have a friend who had an appointment at 10:00 am in Tower 1 that day. He saw the smoke from the BQE, and turned around to head home.

Thanks for bowing to my superior skeptism. :)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Yid said...

And, by the way, being French doesn't invalidate anything you have to say. I don't buy that anymore. I'm no longer held in the group think of many neoconservatives.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger The Chainik Hocker said...

Accusing neocons of groupthink... wow.
As for my throw-away joke re: French dude, the thing that makes it funny is that the French are all annoying buttholes, and anything an annoying butthole says is suspect. That's part of what makes them annoying buttholes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home