Friday, July 30, 2004

KDE's VNC is awesome

I logged into my sister in law's machine last night using KDE's Remote Desktop utility, and it is by far superior to the command line utilities. When my sister in law's desktop showed up in a window on my desktop, I had a button available to make it full screen, as if the Windows XP that was running was live, running from my machine. Pretty slick, dude. What's more, the graphics were smoothed, and not as choppy in refreshing as they were previously.

I downloaded a viewer onto her machine to let her log into my machine, also, but apparently, I have some reading to do so that I can let her in past my security settings. I even disabled my firewall, and she still couldn't log into my machine! I suppose this should be comforting, but I wanted her to be able to do this, even though there was no productive purpose in her doing so. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home